With our cutting-edge technology, we can laser cut just about anything!
At Lightning Laser, we are able to laser cut a wide range of materials to create the perfect parts and pieces for your next project. As a general rule of thumb, we can cut the following:
• Mild steel, up to 20mm thick
• Tool steel
• Stainless steel, up to 16mm thick
• Aluminium, up to 10mm thick
• Tubes and pipes with diameters up to 200mm
• Wood, including timber, MDF and plywood up to 30mm thick
• Plastic, including acrylic up to 25mm
If you’re unsure if we are able to cut your material, just get in touch and we’ll let you know. Please note though, because of the noxious fumes produced when cut, we do not offer PVC laser cutting.
Because laser cutting allows for extremely accurate and intricate cuts — with a deviation of only 0.3% or 0.1mm — laser cutting can be the answer for altering existing parts to suit your needs. This can include:
• Sheet metal parts that otherwise need to be punched
• Flanges, including for welding and pipework
• Heavy automotive parts, including for manifolds, towbars, pans and guards
• Pipes and tubes, including slitting, holes and intersections
As a result, you can get a custom part for less!
Laser cutting isn’t just for prefabricated parts though. You can create something entirely new and bespoke with our laser cutting services! We can cut any shape, including irregular and intricate shapes, as big as 3000mm by 1500mm. This is perfect for:
• Stencils and templates for drilling, architectural and sculptural work
• Custom signage, including logos, lettering and display items
With your custom laser cut materials, you can then stand out from the crowd!
So, what do you want us to cut? Get in touch today and we’ll help you out!